Doyon, Limited is currently accepting nominations for the 2017 Shareholder of the Year Awards. The nomination deadline is Friday, September 16, 2016, at 5 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time. New this year, you can submit a nomination online using the form at the bottom of this page!
A printable version of the nomination for can be found here: Shareholder of the Year nomination form
Each year at the Doyon annual meeting of shareholders, the Doyon board of directors recognizes outstanding shareholders nominated for their exemplary characteristics and exercise of traditional Native values. Nominations are being accepted for the following awards:
- The Hannah Paul Solomon Elder of the Year award recognizes an Elder, age 55 or older, who has devoted his or her life toward the betterment of Alaska Natives. The award is named in honor of the late Hannah Paul Solomon, who dedicated her life to teaching the younger generation traditional ways.
- The Chief Andrew Isaac Leadership Award recognizes a person age 35 or younger, who has demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities. The award is named in honor of the late Chief Andrew Isaac, who emphasized the importance of education for youth to become leaders of tomorrow.
- The Daaga’ Community Service Award recognizes a community or individual who shows strong commitment, competence and sensitivity in helping others to make their community a healthier and safer place to live, and whose accomplishments have directly affected Alaska Natives.
- The Doyon Citizen of the Year Award recognizes a person who has demonstrated leadership, strong commitment, competence and sensitivity in the educational and cultural survival of Alaska Natives. Recipients may be chosen for contributions in the fields of health or education, maintenance of a traditional lifestyle, or for the example they set as parents.
- The Richard Frank Military Service Award recognizes a veteran or active service member in good standing of any of the military service branches who has demonstrated strong leadership qualities in service to our country and commitment to fellow Alaska Natives and/or military families.
For more information please contact shareholder outreach at (907) 459-2085, (888) 478-4755 ext. 2085 or email@example.com.