Doyon welcomes the children of shareholders as part of our Class C shareholder community. To get started on enrollment, first answer these three questions to be sure you’re eligible:
- Are you the child of an original Doyon Class A, B, C or D shareholder? By original, we mean shareholders who received their shares directly from Doyon, not through gift or inheritance.
- Are you one-quarter Alaska Native blood quantum or more? Blood quantum is the amount of Alaska Native blood you possess, based on the number of generations of Alaska Native people from whom you descend.
- Were you born after December 18, 1971?
If you answered yes to all three questions, you’re ready to get started with these simple steps.
- Download and complete the Class C Application.
- If you were adopted, please also download and complete the Adoption Form .
Before you submit your Class C application, please be sure that …
- Each Class C application is complete, signed and dated
- The original birth certificate is included
- You’ve provided additional documents, as required, to prove eligibility (see below)
Additional documents that may be required to prove eligibility:
- Certificate Of Indian Blood (CIB): If biological parent(s) is Alaska Native, and not enrolled to Doyon, please provide that parent’s CIB.
- Adoption Form And Adoption Court Order: If you were adopted by one or both parents, please provide your adoption form and adoption court order. These documents must show the name(s) of your biological parent(s). If the court order does not show biological parents, please contact Doyon’s shareholder records department at 1-888-478-4755 ext. 2040.
- Proof Of Name Change: If your name is different than it appears on your birth certificate, please provide proof of your legal name change, such as a certified copy of your marriage or divorce certificate.
- Proof Of Custodianship: Provide a Court Order or Power of Attorney if the Class C shareholder has a custodian rather than a biological or adoptive parent
- Paternity Affidavit: Please provide a paternity affidavit if your father is not listed on your birth certificate.
Once you’ve completed the application and gathered all necessary documents, please mail them to:
1 Doyon Place, Suite 300
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Need Additional Information?