Annual Holiday Art Contest Submissions Due October 7
Doyon, Limited continues to accept submissions from youth for the 2016 holiday artwork contest. The deadline to apply is Friday, October 7 at 5 p.m. AKDT.
The holiday artwork contest is open to Doyon shareholders and shareholder direct descendants between the ages of 5 – 17. Please note the submission requirements:
- Artwork must be original.
- Submissions may be painted, hand-drawn, photography or digital.
- Paintings or drawings are to be mailed or hand-delivered to the Fairbanks office.
- Photographs must be submitted as a high-resolution JPEG, with a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Digital artwork must be submitted as a PDF, with a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Submissions should feature a holiday theme and represent Doyon’s mission and values, which can be found on the Doyon website.
- A completed application, including parent/guardian signature, must also be submitted. The application/permission form and official rules are available on the Doyon website.
- Doyon must receive all entries by 5 p.m. AKDT on Friday, October 7.
- Materials may be emailed to email@example.com, or mailed or delivered to Doyon, Limited, Attention: Holiday Artwork Contest, 1 Doyon Place, Suite 300, Fairbanks, Alaska 99701.
Winners will be selected and notified via telephone by Friday, October 14. The grand prize winner will have their artwork featured on the 2016 Doyon holiday card and will also receive a 16 GB engraved iPad mini. The second-place winner will receive art supplies and a $50 gift card, and the third-place winner will receive art supplies.
Last year, 15-year-old Audrey Schick of Juneau, Alaska, won the contest with her digital artwork featuring her great-grandmother, grandmother and her mother in an outdoor holiday theme.
Official contest rules and the permission form/application can be found here. For more information, contact the Doyon communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org, 459-2124 (in Fairbanks) or 1-888-478-4755 (toll-free).