Annual Meeting Update for March 16, 2020
Two out of three eligible shareholders have already voted in this year’s election.
Over 8,000 shareholders have already voted.
Doyon is required to hold an annual meeting under state law to elect directors to the board and provide a report of operations.
Doyon will hold the March 20, 2020 meeting with significant changes and urges shareholders to participate in the meeting via webcast. The meeting will focus on finalizing the election.
Doyon will postpone the following:
- No keynote speakers
- No arts and crafts
- No shareholder awards
- No goodie bags
- No meals provided
- No question and answer session
Doyon expects the Annual Meeting to be adjourned by noon.
How do shareholders participate?
- Vote your eProxy online by March 17, 2020 at 5 p.m. AKDT.
- Login to the webcast on the day of the meeting to view: www.doyon.com/annualmeetingwebcast
- Proxyholders and shareholders will be able to register and vote on the day of the meeting. Doyon is working with our third-party tabulators to develop alternatives to registration and voting in person. Stay tuned.
- Shareholders do not have to attend, if they have already voted their proxy online or by mail.
- To check the status of your proxy before the meeting, please contact 907-456-7708 or toll free at 877-456-7708.
Doyon thanks our shareholders who have reached out with concerns. Doyon will work to reschedule portions of our meeting in order to have question and answer periods, shareholder of the year awards, arts and crafts tables, and goodie bags. This will hopefully be done in conjunction with our sister organizations, Fairbanks Native Association and Tanana Chiefs Conference. It is unknown at this time when Doyon will hold the rescheduled meeting.
Doyon Announces Limited Access to Doyon Offices
- Doyon is closing our buildings to the public
- Shareholders who need to meet with Doyon departments, including the Records department, are welcome to schedule a meeting in advance by calling our mainline:
o Fairbanks: 907-459-2000
o Toll Free: 1-888-478-4755
For more information on the Coronavirus and large events, please see the Center for Disease Control’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html and the State of Alaska’s Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus page at coronavirus.alaska.gov