Candidates Sought for Foundation’s Competitive Scholarship Review Committee
There are two seats available on the Doyon Foundation competitive scholarship review committee. Individuals interested in giving back and helping students achieve their full potential are encouraged to consider serving on this important committee, which reviews, evaluates and scores student competitive scholarship applications.
To qualify for this position, candidates must:
- Be a Doyon shareholder
- Be age 18 or older
- Value and support higher education
- Be committed to serve a three-year term
- Have an internet-accessible computer with recent version of web browser installed (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera)
- Attend an orientation in May/June in Fairbanks, either in person or via teleconference
- Spend 30 – 40 hours reviewing, evaluating and scoring all competitive scholarship applications online via the Doyon Foundation website
- Attend a one-day meeting in Fairbanks in June/July to award the scholarships
- Meet with Doyon Foundation administration to review and recommend competitive scholarship policy changes
Please note that per IRS regulations, committee members cannot be employees of the Doyon Family of Companies or Doyon Foundation. Board members are also not eligible to serve on the committee. Also note that service on the scholarship review committee is on a voluntary basis.
Interested candidates should complete and submit the candidate application by Monday, May 6, 2019. The Doyon Foundation board of directors will select the new committee member at their next regularly scheduled meeting in Fairbanks.
For more information, please contact Doyon Foundation at 907-459-2048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.