Doyon Announces Changes to Annual Meeting – Plans for Short Business Agenda
As part of Doyon’s planned response to limit exposure to the Coronavirus and other illnesses, Doyon is taking extra precautions for this year’s annual meeting. Our elders and
shareholders are important to Doyon. The guidance we have received from public health officials is that the coronavirus presents a greater risk to elders and those with chronic health issues. Therefore, for the safety of our shareholders, Doyon will be making the following changes to the annual meeting:
1) Instead of a long-agenda, the annual meeting will be shortened to include items required under Doyon’s bylaws: primarily the election of directors and the President’s report.
2) If shareholders have submitted their proxy, Doyon encourages shareholders to attend the meeting via webcast. The webcast can be accessed from the Doyon website on the day of the meeting. The password to access the broadcast is available in the annual report and proxy materials or will be made available upon request.
3) Attendance will be limited to candidates, board members, limited staff, proxyholders and those shareholders who need to register to vote. Attendees will need to check-in before entering the meeting.
4) There will be no arts and crafts vendors nor Doyon tables.
5) Doyon will postpone the recognition of our Shareholders of the Year and the Keynote panel until a later date, which is still yet to be determined.
6) The giveaway of Doyon promotional items will also be postponed.
7) Doyon will have one question and answer period. Shareholders will also be able to participate in the question and answer period via webcast.
We are continuing to follow the guidance of public health officials. If there are additional changes, we will notify our shareholders and the public. We encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for the latest annual meeting updates.
View the official press release here.