Doyon announces move to Virtual Annual Meeting to limit shareholder exposure to COVID-19
Doyon, Limited will hold the 2020 annual meeting on Friday, March 20, 2020 as a virtual meeting. This will be the last step in completing the election for the board of directors.
Doyon is announcing additional changes to the meeting structure:
- The meeting will only be held virtually.
- Candidates will not give a candidate speech.
- No food, meals, or snacks will be served, this includes coffee, tea, and water, by proclamation of the Governor.
- No giveaways.
- Proxyholders will be able to vote by phone:
– Proxyholders who have undirected votes assigned to them will be called on Thursday, March 19, and Friday, March 20 to register and vote by phone.
– Cook & Haugeberg, third-party tabulators will be contacting proxyholders.
- The meeting room will be limited to 10 people or fewer.
- Board members will not be attending in person and will also be attending remotely.
Changes previously announced:
- No keynote speakers
- No arts and crafts
- No Shareholder of the Year awards
- No goodie bags
- No meals provided
- No question and answer session
The purpose of continuing with the meeting is to honor the votes of over 8,000 shareholders who have cast their ballot for the election of the board of directors to ensure continuity of our Corporation in these uncertain times, meet state legal and regulatory requirements, and meet Doyon’s bylaw requirements of holding an annual meeting of shareholders in March.
Limiting in-person attendance, and instead, providing electronic, paper proxy, and by-phone voting, is to limit exposure to COVID-19 to our shareholders.
Doyon urges all shareholders to participate in our meeting by watching via webcast at https://www.doyon.com/annualmeetingwebcast/. The webcast will include the announcement of the board election, the presidents report, financial report, and the announcement of cash prizes.
Doyon will reschedule our meeting for shareholders, hopefully in conjunction with our sister organizations, Tanana Chiefs Conference and Fairbanks Native Association, in order to hear our keynote address, celebrate our shareholders of the year, provide for a question and answer period, and provide goodie bags.
We ask that you stay safe and stay healthy.
For any questions about this announcement, please contact Shareholder Records at 907-459-2040 or you can call the main line at 907-459-2000, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.