Doyon Welcomes 2018 Summer Interns
Doyon, Limited is pleased to welcome its 2018 summer interns:
- Justin Kokrine (pictured above), Doyon, Limited administrative intern, is from Huslia, Tanana and Fairbanks. She is the daughter of Beverly and Curt Kokrine. Kokrine is attending the University of Alaska Fairbanks majoring in biology.
- Hayley Michel (pictured above), Doyon, Limited human resources intern, is from Fairbanks. She is the daughter of Melvin and Michelle Michel. She is a sophomore at Colorado State University seeking a master’s degree in food science and human nutrition. “I am excited to have this opportunity to work for Doyon, Limited, and obtain knowledge and exposure in the human resources department. I plan to use the valuable skills learned during this internship to help me continue to grow both academically and professionally,” said Michel. “My goal is to continue to serve the Interior region after graduating with a master’s degree.”
- Christopher Pitka (pictured above), Doyon, Limited accounting intern, is from Fairbanks. He is the son of Debra and Raymond Pitka, Sr. Attla is pursuing a degree in accounting at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. “I decided to major in accounting and get experience by working at Doyon, Limited as an accounting intern,” said Pitka. “So far, I’ve been working here for a month and the coworkers here are fantastic!”
- Daphne Attla, Doyon, Limited IT intern, is from Fairbanks and Huslia. She is the daughter of Marilyn Van Hatten. Attla completed the AVTEC Institute of Technology information technology program.
- Julia Fisher-Salmon (pictured above), Doyon, Limited external affairs Get Out the Native Vote intern, is from Chalkyitsik and Beaver. She is the daughter of Darrell Salmon and Charlene Fisher. Fisher-Salmon is attending the University of Alaska Fairbanks seeking a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and an associate’s degree in tribal management.
- Sunny Guerin (pictured above), Doyon, Limited communications intern, is from Fort Yukon. She is the daughter of the late Gene and Julie Mahler. Guerin is attending the University of Alaska Anchorage seeking a bachelor’s degree in journalism and public communications.
- Trisha Jimmie (pictured above), Doyon Anvil mechanical engineering intern, is from Northway. Her parents are Sharon Jimmie and Richard Smith. She is currently attending the University of Alaska Anchorage seeking a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Chantel Beetus (pictured above), Doyon, Limited facilities intern, is from Fairbanks. She is the daughter of Tillilia Beetus. Beetus is attending the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Jeffery Frank, Jr., Doyon Utilities utility fitter trainee II, is from Minto. His parents are James and Sharon (Nollner) Messer, and Jeff Frank, Sr. He is hoping to get a waste water collection and water distribution provisional certificate with his experience working with Doyon Utilities.
- Doug Green, Doyon Utilities utility fitter trainee I at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, is working to gain experience in the utilities industry. Working with Doyon Utilities provides the opportunity to gain on-the-job experience in waste water collections, water treatment, water distribution, and heat distribution systems.
- Ryan Michel (pictured above), Doyon Utilities utility fitter trainee I, is from Fairbanks. He is the son of Melbin and Michelle Michel. He is currently attending school at Colorado State University seeking a degree in psychology and business administration. He is learning about water treatment and water distribution this summer.
- Landon Erickson (pictured above), Doyon Utilities utility fitter trainee II, is from Tanana. He is the son of Dale and Cynthia Erickson, and the grandson of Harold and Florence Esmailka. He holds an associate’s degree in process technology and is hoping to gain more process and operations experience that will lead to a process technology position with the Doyon Family of Companies.
- Sean Murphy, Doyon Utilities utility fitter trainee I, is based at Fort Wainwright. This position covers a variety of preventative maintenance activities associated with either the water distribution, wastewater collection, or heat distribution systems.
- Denis Larson (pictured in the middle above), Doyon Utilities utility fitter trainee I, is from Wasilla. He is the son of Tiffany Graham and Todd Wehrer. Green hopes to gain knowledge and experience in the water and treatment plant operations to pursue a career in the field.
The Doyon Family of Companies offer 12-week paid internships to shareholders who are attending college and are in good academic standing. The internship provides shareholders the opportunity to build the knowledge and skills required to become successful in their career field. This is also an opportunity for students to interact with businesses and form a professional network of support. An internship with Doyon helps students develop a better understanding of their Alaska Native corporation and build their resume for future employment.