HR/Shareholder Outreach Update: 6 Tips for a Great Job Interview
Congratulations! You got the interview for the job you want … now what do you do?
When interviewing for a position in a competitive job market at a company like Doyon, Limited, you need to know how to make yourself stand out from the competition. Here are a few simple steps you can take to help interviewers remember you:
- Be prepared. Research the company because the better informed you are, the better your answers will be to their questions. Learn something about the company that interests you as it will help in answering the question, “Why do you want to work here?” Doyon has valuable information at www.doyon.com about the company and its subsidiaries.
- Be familiar with the job description. Part of your interview preparation includes being familiar with what the company is looking for in the position. This is the greatest opportunity for you to align your answers with the skills needed and show how you are an ideal fit for the job. Doyon has job descriptions for each position posted at www.doyon.com.
- Dress for success. You don’t have to buy an expensive outfit for an interview. The important thing is to look clean and put together.
- Be on time. Head for the interview early so you have extra time to deal with traffic delays or unexpected problems. You will be more relaxed and feel more prepared if you arrive 10 minutes before the interview is scheduled to start.
- Be friendly. Be polite to everyone you meet at the interview. A smile and a firm handshake are musts. You want to come across as personable and friendly. If you are interviewed by a panel, address all the participants.
- Stay positive. Interviewers pay close attention to how questions are answered. Give positive answers and solutions. Do not talk negatively about previous supervisors or jobs.
The Doyon shareholder outreach department is available to assist shareholders with creating Doyon talent bank profiles, developing resumes, applying and interviewing for jobs, and taking certification tests required for specific job openings. For assistance, contact 459-2127 (in Fairbanks), 1-888-478-4755 (toll-free) or email@example.com.