Nominations Open for the Shareholder of the Year Awards!
The Shareholder of the Year Nominations Deadline is September 16
Do you know an outstanding shareholder? Consider nominating him or her for a Doyon, Limited 2017 Shareholder of the Year Award! The nomination deadline is Friday, September 16, 2016, at 5 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time.
The awards recognize outstanding Doyon shareholders nominated for their exemplary characteristics and exercise of traditional Native values. The Doyon board of directors present the awards each year at the Doyon annual meeting of shareholders. Read about the 2016 Shareholder of the Year Award recipients on the Doyon website.
Nominations are currently being accepted for the following awards:
- The Hannah Paul Solomon Elder of the Year Award recognizes an Elder, age 55 or older, who has devoted his or her life toward the betterment of Alaska Natives. The award is named in honor of the late Hannah Paul Solomon, who dedicated her life to teaching the younger generation traditional ways.
- The Chief Andrew Isaac Leadership Award recognizes a person age 35 or younger, who has demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities. The award is named in honor of the late Chief Andrew Isaac, who emphasized the importance of education for youth to become leaders of tomorrow.
- The Daaga’ Community Service Award recognizes a community or individual who shows strong commitment, competence and sensitivity in helping others to make their community a healthier and safer place to live, and whose accomplishments have directly affected Alaska Natives.
- The Doyon Citizen of the Year Award recognizes a person who has demonstrated leadership, strong commitment, competence and sensitivity in the educational and cultural survival of Alaska Natives. Recipients may be chosen for contributions in the fields of health or education, maintenance of a traditional lifestyle, or for the example they set as parents.
- The Richard Frank Military Service Award recognizes a veteran or active service member in good standing of any of the military service branches who has demonstrated strong leadership qualities in service to our country and commitment to fellow Alaska Natives and/or military families.
Please note that Doyon discourages nominations received from family members such as parents, spouse, significant other, child, sibling or grandparent.
For more information, please contact shareholder outreach at 459-2085 (in Fairbanks), 1-888-478-4755 ext. 2085 (toll-free) or email@example.com.