Our role as stewards of the land is very important to us. So educating the public about Alaska Native land ownership and issues related to trespass is one of Doyon’s ongoing commitments. Our Lands Department produces comprehensive, region-wide land status maps and important information on trespass, is mailed to all guides, outfitters and air taxi operators in Alaska and can be found in the public information rooms of numerous federal and state agencies.
Doyon partners directly with villages to identify trespass problems, working together to reduce the number of incidents through a range of efforts:
- Village-specific brochures with related land use information
- Land use and trespass information kiosks
- Postings (done in cooperation with specific village corporations)
- Newspaper advertising in coordination with village corporations
- Providing information and contacts to federal agencies and Alaska State Troopers
To learn more about our efforts to reduce trespassing incidents, please call: