GOTNV is a nonpartisan effort between Doyon, Limited, Fairbanks Native Association, Tanana Chiefs Conference, Interior Regional Housing Authority, NANA Regional Corporation and community volunteers to engage Alaska Natives, shareholders and tribal members in voter participation during the election. To volunteer for GOTNV or for more information on voter registration and the upcoming election, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018 Alaska State Legislative Session is currently active. Learn more at on the Alaska State Legislation website here.
What you need to know for the upcoming 2018 election cycle:
- The last day to file as a political party candidate for the August 21, 2018 Primary Election is on or before 5:00 p.m. Friday, June 1, 2018. The withdrawal deadline for a political party candidate to remove their name from the Primary Election ballot is Monday, July 2, 2018.
- Click here to file your candidacy for office.
- 2018 Primary Election Candidate List
- 2018 General Election Candidate List. The withdrawal deadline for a candidate to remove their name from the General Election ballot is Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
- Click here to view your voter registration status or update your information.
- The State of Alaska is currently in an exploratory phase of researching a new voting system of the ‘Universal Ballot Delivery and Return System’. The state has conducted several public meetings discussing this issue and are researching a combination by mail and in person voting, 2 weeks leading up to the election. This is in lieu of the current precinct based voting at 441 locations on election day. Please stay tuned for more information, likely in January on this issue.
- The Get Out The Native Vote thanks the voters for getting out to vote. Please continue this momentum and keep your eyes peeled for future events planned by GOTNV-Interior.
- Recommended site to keep up with national policies on Native American politics, Trahant Reports.
View the most recent GOTNV articles:
- August 2018 – Alaska Primary Season Heats Up
- July 2018 – Election Policy Work Group
- May 2018 – Mail-in Ballot Success
- January 2018 – Vote in the Upcoming Board Election
- November 2017 – Vote in the November 8 General Election
- May 2017 – What Does Voting Mean to You?
- March 2017 – Join a State Board or Commission
- February 2017 – 2016 GOTNV Elections Recap and Legislative Sessions Beginning
Links to Helpful Information:
- GOTNV Statewide Efforts home page: www.aknativevote.com/
- State of Alaska Division of Elections home page: www.elections.alaska.gov
- City of Fairbanks Municipal Election Information: http://www.fairbanksalaska.us/election-information/
- Fairbanks North Star Borough Municipal Election Information: http://www.co.fairbanks.ak.us/bc/Pages/elections.aspx
- Voter registration instructions: www.elections.alaska.gov/vi_vr_how.php
- Find your poll location: www.elections.alaska.gov/vi_where.php