In 2007, Doyon shareholders voted to open enrollment to all eligible children born after December 18, 1971.
The enrollee must meet the following criteria:
- A child of an original* Doyon Class A, B, C or D shareholder; and
- One-quarter or more Alaska Native blood quantum; and
- Born after December 18, 1971.
To Proceed with enrollment:
- Download and complete the Class C Enrollment Application. Please read the instructions thoroughly before proceeding.
- Doyon requires the original signed and dated application, along with the original certified birth certificate.
- We will not accept faxed or emailed applications.
- Any incomplete applications will be returned.
- If the enrollee was adopted, please also download and complete the Adoption Form and include supporting documentation.
- Additional documentation may be required to prove eligibility, please refer to Instructions for further information.
Additional documents that may be required to prove eligibility:
- Certificate Of Indian Blood (CIB): If the biological parent(s) is Alaska Native, and not enrolled to Doyon, please provide that parent’s CIB.
- Adoption Form And Adoption Court Order: If you were adopted by one or both parents, please provide your adoption form and adoption court order. These documents must show the name(s) of your biological parent(s). If the court order does not show biological parents, please contact Doyon’s shareholder records department at 1-888-478-4755 ext. 2040.
- Proof Of Name Change: If your name is different than it appears on your birth certificate, please provide proof of your legal name change, such as a certified copy of your marriage or divorce certificate.
- Proof Of Custodianship: Provide a Court Order or Power of Attorney if the Class C shareholder has a custodian rather than a biological or adoptive parent
- Paternity Affidavit: Please provide a paternity affidavit if your father is not listed on your birth certificate.
Once you’ve completed the application and gathered all the necessary documents, please mail or deliver in-person to:
C/O: Records Department
1 Doyon Place, Suite 300
Fairbanks, AK 99701
When conducting original enrollments ANCSA and the Bureau of Indian Affairs prohibited dual enrollment. As such, Doyon, Limited’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws also do not allow dual enrollment. Dual enrollment includes:
- enrolling in two (2) or more regional corporations;
- enrolling into a regional corporation and into a village that opted out of participating in a regional corporation. In the Doyon region, villages that opted out were Tetlin, Arctic Village and Venetie;
- enrolling into a regional corporation and to Metlakatla.
Dual enrollment does not include ANCSA shares that are gifted or inherited.
Villages that opted out of participating in Regional Corporations
Villages that opted out of a regional corporation at the time of ANCSA retained additional land and got both surface and subsurface interests as a result of the decision not to participate in a regional corporation. They also got more initial money from the federal government through ANCSA. If a village opted out of the normal ANCSA regional corporation structure, then individuals who are originally enrolled in that village corporation are ineligible to enroll in a regional corporation, as this would be dual enrollment.
Disenrollment and Holds
In 2020, Doyon conducted an audit for dual enrollment on Class C (Children) shareholders with a tie to Arctic Village, Tetlin, Venetie, or Metlakatla. Doyon regularly conducts audits with other regional corporations who conduct new enrollment Doyon regularly works with ASRC, Ahtna, Calista, NANA, and Sealaska when we receive enrollment applications to prevent dual enrollment as they are regional corporations who have opened enrollment for eligible applicants.
Doyon will disenroll shareholders from Doyon at the request of the shareholder if they are eligible and choose to enroll in another entity.
Doyon has not disenrolled shareholders from Doyon’s recently conducted audit for dual enrollment on Class C (Children) shareholders with a tie to Arctic Village, Tetlin, Venetie, or Metlakatla, but has placed records hold a pending further review for those shareholders who may be dually enrolled. Doyon has established that Tetlin has not enrolled any new shareholders and Doyon has removed the holds for those shareholders with a tie to Tetlin.
For more information:
Shareholder Records Department
Phone: (907) 459-2040
Toll-free: (888) 478-4755, ext. 2040
Need Additional Information?