Start a New Career in Information Technology: Per Scholas IT Support training offers Google IT Support Professional certification, CompTIA A+ certification and prepares you to fill a wide range of entry-level technology jobs including Help Desk Analyst, Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, Junior Project Manager and more! This training is free for participants.
· Must be a Doyon Shareholder and at least 18 years old
· Must have a high school diploma or GED
· Be able to pass a background check and urinalysis for drug testing
· Be able to pass a TABE 11th grade reading level and math assessment
Candidates: Must have a passion for technology, desire to establish a career in IT, present themselves well and communicate effectively. No prior IT experience required.
- Must be able to commit to a virtual 12-week training starting February 13 to May 5, 2023, 9am to 4pm MST, Monday through Friday.
- Strict attendance policies (only 2 absences and 3 tardies) allowed by the host trainers located in Seattle, Washington.
- Minimum of two hours of homework per night.
- Strict maintenance of GPA of 70%.
- Training includes hands-on instructions to troubleshoot and maintain computers, software, networks and mobile devices and customer service training.
- A computer will be provided at no cost to you.
Internship: Successful graduates will be offered a six-month remote internship through designDATA, Doyon Utilities, and Doyon, Limited.
The deadline to apply was Friday, December 30, 2022.